Monday, October 27, 2008

4 o'clock rock'n and rolling

Today in tatting class we learned how to add new threads by using the weaver's knot. We also worked on understanding and using patterns. We used my leaf pattern which is great for easily working with multi colors of threads and the best thing is that you can hide the ends in the stem with a Josephine chain..(next week's lesson.)



Added some new shuttles to the shop. Starting to run low on shuttles......Boy do I desperately miss my pottery studio!


And I updated "Fuchsia". This batch is bang on!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun that your tatting students are learning new things. That leaf is a great pattern. Your shuttles are pretty. I love the ones with tatting impressed into them. I wish you had your studio as well! Wouldn't it be awesome if your friend who owned the pottery studio let you use hers? That would be totally cool.
The fuschia thread looks beautiful.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

I love those shuttles, especially the first one!

It's amazing how you are able to match your colors perfectly to your photos! Beautious!

Tattycat said...

You are doing a great job with those ladies and the new fuchsia if so pretty!

Umintsuru said...

Yay!! Back to 4 o'clock rock!! I just love the Fuchsia plant. Hmm I should try to get some seeds to grow. Difficult to find here. New shuttles are looking good too. I am looking at two on your Etsy shop. Can you help me make up my mind?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15179839 or http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16576863