Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I guess I've been busy???? A list of my HDT's

Ambrosia
Americana
Apricot Mousse
Autumn Medley
Autumn Orange
Avocado
Baby Shower
Bell Peppers
Berry Parfait
Bubble Gum
Butter Toffee
Buttercup
Chocoween
Citrus Limon
Cocoa Bean
Coffee n Cream
Columbine
Confetti Sprinkles
Coral Rose
Cornucopia
Country Christmas
Daisy Daze
Diablo
Easter Egg
Enchantment
Faeries
Flower Child
Fuchsia
Gerber Daisy
Goodness Grapecious
Granny Delicious
Grapefruit
Guacamole
Harvest Moon
Helm’s Deep
Holly Jolly Christmas
Honey Amber
Hosta Leaf
Hydrangea
Icicle
Island Bouquet
Jimi Hendrix
Jungle Flower
Karen’s Halo
Lazy Daisy
Magnolia
Marina
Middle Earth
Mojo
My Sweet Valentine
Neapolitan
Old England
Old Saint Nick
Pastel Rainbow
Patriotic
Peach Pandorea
Pear Glace
Pensacola Beach
Plum Tickled
Poinsettia
Rain Forest
Rainbow Sherbet
Raspberry Mousse
Rio
Rockies
Rose Petals
Royalty
Seaweed
Shades of Gray
Spring Poppies
Sue Hanson
Summer Pond
Sunset Clouds
Sunset Sky
Swamp Flower
Swamp Thing
Tree beard
Tropicana
Tulips
Tuscany
Tutti Frutti
Victorian Valentine
Vickie’s Lilacs
Vino
Vinyard
Weeping Cherry
Wild Flowers
Wild Pansy
Winter Haze
Witch's Brew


This is the list of hand dyed tatting threads that I have created in the last year. This list does not include the threads I dyed before I started keeping records. Also this list does not include the custom hand dyed threads I have dyed for other people.
I am surprised at the sheer number now that I can see the names all in one spot. I need to refine the stock and decide which HDT's will stay and which will go. Does anyone have any favorites they would like to see stay??

Also...this is a side note about the silk HDT. I tried to find silk in China (and did find lot's of silk...but NO white silk thread....fodder for another blog). Everytime I go to my Korean silk thread supplier they increase the price by 25%. Deep down inside I think they hate me. Even though I have been paying more and more for the silk thread I have NOT increased my prices. I don't know how much longer I will be able to provide this option to you guys. It is becomming more trouble than it is worth.

11 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love them all! But, if I had to choose three favorites they would be Pensacola Beach, Tuscany, and Weeping Cherry. Or maybe...

As far as the silk goes, if you have to raise the price because of your initial cost, then I guess that's what you have to do. Those of us who love it will continue to buy it as we can. Beauty sometimes comes at a price!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that the silk thread dealer is being such a "poop". Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, Sherry. Glad I've been able to get what I've got.

Marilee Rockley said...

Sherry, if only you could bottle all that energy, LOL!

That silk supplier is going to price themselves out of business, it sounds like to me. I hope you will be able to find a more reliable source.

Melissa said...

You HAVE been busy! My faves are Helm's Deep, Rainforest, and Pear Glace! I keep debating with myself if I should by more Helm's Deep right now or not!!! I don't have a project in mind but I love the color!!!

Tattycat said...

You know I love them all. Some of my favorites are Berry Parfait, Grapefruit, Hydrangea, Icicle, Vickie's Lilacs, and Weeping Cherry. Either raise the price on the silk or let the thieves keep it! They know you want it so they keep pushing it up.

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
I agree with Tattycat's comment: "Either raise the price on the silk or let the thieves keep it." They're pushing you. Push back or let them fall on their bums.
The silk is a luxury, but your cotton is stupendous. Your repetoire of dyed threads is amazing and gorgeous and exquisite to tat! What can be better than that?

hugs,
Katie V.

Trish Goodfield said...

I really admire your creative names for your colours. I'm hopeless with that sort of thing and just give my threads a numbered code. I laughed out loud at the bit about your supplier, I often think similar things.

Umintsuru said...

You have been busy! Work is never work when you are enjoying it. All lovely colours. Don't have time to pick and choose? Collect them all, I think. I agree, great names that you have chosen. I am currently tatting with Karen's Halo Silk 20. Love the sheen and how soft it feels on the fingers. Way to go, Sherry!

Marty said...

Your colors are wonderful (and so are their names). I like the blues and greens best (but those are my favorite colors). As for the silk, I've been scared to use mine -- but want more anyway. Maybe one of your new tatting students could buy the silk for you. If this supplier keeps being such a toad, just go back to the beautiful cottons!

Sharon said...

I loved your story and all your thread colours are beautiful. If I were you I would go back to the silk supplier and offer to pay your original price expecting them to refuse. Then turn around and walk out. The next time you go back offer the original price again. If they refuse tell them they can either lower their price or lose a customer. It's a bargaining society and you aren't comfortable with bargaining and they know it. When they see you are serious the price will drop again. They keep pushing the price up because they know you will pay it. When they see that you won't they'll get more flexible on the price.

IsDihara said...

I love them all! But I must say that the ones that keep calling me back to your Etsy site again and again are Witch's Brew, Vinyard, Treebeard (I love the Ents!), Helm's Deep and Weeping Cherry. Autumn Orange is a strong pull right now, since I'm itchin' to tat a pumpkin. And Rainforest is PERFECT for leaves.

See? It is just too hard to choose.