Sunday, January 27, 2008

Inspiration overload BEWARE!!!

I have been busy. I am kept up at night with all the ideas I have been having....sooooo, I have to take advantage of the creative bursts when I can.
Here are the results. I apologize if these posts are getting tiresome...it's just what is going on right now.

All these new tatting threads are totally handpainted. I mix the dyes as I would water paints and then I "go to town" on the thread as if it were a canvas. These theads have complex shading and color variances. I hope you enjoy them.

Photobucket
I love fuchsia flowers. Being an artist, I cannot commit to just one favorite flower but this one is definately in my top 5.
Photobucket
Photobucket

"FUCHSIA"



This next tatting thread I am super excited about!!! I was agonizing over if it could be done without ruining a whole bunch of expensive thread. But since the idea sprouted I couldn't get it off my mind so I just had to give it a go.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"SUNSET CLOUDS"


And finally, I created "TUTTI FRUTTI" which is similar to the "Cirque de Couleur". This batch, being handpainted, is much more colorful and saturated.
Photobucket

"TUTTI FRUTTI"

4 comments:

Tattycat said...

Sherry, all of the threads are so beautiful that I don't know how to express it. I don't know what Clyde and I are going to do! You have done a fantastic job. Keep those inspirations and creative juices flowing.

Gina said...

The threads are beautiful to look at just as skeins!
:-) gina

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

More beautiful thread! I'm glad you like to experiment!

Unknown said...

Sherry, The colours are absolutely breathtaking. They are enough to send a HDTA into complete joy. Now if the HDT fairy would just visit my wallet tonight and make a deposit the possibilities are endless.