Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just what I needed!

Hi everybody! I am home again and feeling so renewed! DH and I went to Vietnam. It was spectacular, inexpensive and restful. I would like to say that I have a nice tan...but unfortunately with the combination of my pasty white skin and odd sunblock application I look like a calico cat! LOL
As soon as we got home we had an unexpected visit from dear friends from Japan. So its been a whirlwind and I just now have a chance to sit at the computer.

I've missed you all! I have so many blogs to catch up on it's almost daunting....LOL, thank goodness they are about tatting.

When I got home there was a large package, me mum sent, waiting for me and in it were bits of tatting from my great granny. I am so amazed at how her tatting is making its way back to me. It is WONDERFUL!



Here they are! They are so special to me, knowing that she tatted these with her hands.
If my great gran was still with us I just know that she would LOVE what is happening in the tatting world today! We have so many choices of threads and patterns and colors that were not available in her time....I even have a feeling that she would start her own blog....

Happy belated Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Singtatter said...

What pleasant surprises and treasures! Catch your breath first, and I'm sure you will have lots to show us for your trip!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm glad that you're back and had a wonderful trip! I'm sure you'll have lots to share with us! What beautiful pieces you have to treasure! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Unknown said...

Sherry, So glad to hear that you had a restful and enjoyable holiday. It must be very special to receive some of your Great Grandma's tatting.

Valerie said...

wow, pretty tatted pieces... these will be much treasured i'm sure. do show us some nice pixs from your vacation too. glad you are back all re-charged.

Marilee Rockley said...

It's great to have you back!
Your great-grandmother's tatting is beautiful! What a nice combination with the ecru and soft green. I think she would have been thrilled to try some of your HDT!

CrazyKwilter said...

What a priceless treasure!

Unknown said...

What a precious treasure trove of tatted bits you have with your great grandmother's tatting! How precious. Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a relaxing vacation. You are seeing the world! How exciting! :)

Tatskool said...

Good to have you back safe AND refreshed! You Great grandma's tatting is beautiful, the star and the flowers particularly look so modern, they could have been made yesterday.