Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hand Dyed Silk in SOLID colorways


I've finally gotten around to dying silk in solid colorways as opposed to the variegated variety that I am so enamoured with.
Anyhow, I am starting with the basic bright colors and will move on to muted and earth tones. I plan to have somewhere around 30 colorways available...IF there is an interest that is.
I am happy to see that some of my customers are crazy quilters and embroiderers..I wonder what else this silk can be used for?



Also; Easter Egg is back!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Look at all that beautiful silk thread shimmering in those beautiful solid colors! LOVELY! I love the easter egg! It's such a cute colorway! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the solids! Let's see... payday is the 25th...

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

What beautiful colors! Makes me think of spring! :)

*wishes spring would hurry up!*

Anonymous said...

Commented y-day but had technical problem.

I was saying that I am happy to see new colorways from you (that's what I love about your blog). For me, HDT and tatting are taking a backseat to quilting and knitting. But I need more HDTs for gifts in exchanges.

Hillside Threads said...

Drool! Will these coordinate with the HDTs? You must have been reading my mind 'cos I was thinking how nice it would be to have solid colourways in your silk thread. I need to check my stash and see what will match.
Jane

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

LOL Jane,
I've been wanting solids for awhile to coordinate with the other silk too. We must be thinking the same thing. I am working on them slowly but surely.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello, All your colorways of HDT are gorgeous. Coordinating them would be great. The Easter Egg is lovely. My favorite time of year. Hugs Judy