Thursday, December 17, 2009

Leprechaun lightening strikes twice....

LOOK!!!! Our eyes match!!!


Oh my goodness....OH MY GOODNESS, I cannot contain my excitement! A very unexpected but well received surprise arrived in my mailbox today courtesy of my friend and fellow tatter Pamela -"Grande Dame" of all tatting leprechauns around the world!!!


...Let's back up a little: about this time last year my beloved "Brendan the Navigator" came to live with me. But his adventurous nature got the best of him and after a few months he decided to up and travel the world on his own...independent little chap that he is; we parted ways in Vietnam. I have missed him quite a bit but I have heard news here and there "through the grapevine" of his travels.

Well.....today Brendan's sister Blathnaid (or Brenda for short) has come to stay! I am ever so excited. ...and boy oh boy is she a pretty lass! You lot out there who have boy Leps better keep an eye on them once they get a look at her!
She is settling in quite nicely, after all Brendan has already filled her in on what to expect with the motley crew that I call my family.


Just look at how ladylike she is with her pretty earrings, flowered belt and little gems on her shoes! By the way; Blathnaid means "flowers". Isn't that lovely??


I also got a skein of "Vanilla Sky" which is one of Pam's HDT's that I was secretly drooling over the first time I saw it....so Brenda "the stay at home" and I are off to tat with it right now!

...Oh and thank you Pam for letting me open my Christmas present early! You have made my day!
Now that I have the luck of the irish on my side again, I am hoping that 2010 will be a fantastic year!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my! She is a pretty little thing and I think that Stiofán is taken with her! I don't think he wants me to know, but I can tell by the way he is mesmerized by her photo on the screen! Wasn't that sweet of Pamela!?! She is a dear lady, she is! Glad that Brenda is settling in. That is cute that she has eyes that match yours!

Stephanie said...

Oh, what a lovely lass she is! Now don't be lettin' her go gallivantin' all over the globe like Brendan has. She needs to stay home and keep ya company, she does.

On a totally unrelated note, I keep seeing some beauteous little butterflies with your hookpens. How much longer are you going to keep teasing and taunting before you put out another butterfly book? :)

Mercy said...

How neat. What a cute leprechaun. I love the vanilla sky, too. Viv gave me the sample that came with the HDT skeins she gave me for Christmas. (she gave me part of my Christmas early, so I would have them for my last Tat and Chat group of the year).

Mercy

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi Sherry!

It's great to see your own 'Smiling Eyes'! You certainly deserve big doses of luck in the New Year! And sure 'tis that Brenda is a darlin'. Pam Myers is an exceptionally talented and generous gal!

I've been wondering how Mojo is doing? Also hope your hands are showing improvement.

Krystle said...

Yay for your new companion! I have to admit that I'm wishing I was cool enough to join the ranks of the leprechaun blessed.

Best wishes to you and your new pal!

Maureen said...

How wonderful, to have a new leprechaun for Christmas! You had better give her everything she wants, so that she doesn't get itchy feet like Brendan did!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I wondered where that little lep lass was headed! Take good care of her... I'm sure you two girls will have wonderful tatting adventures together... Irish eyes thread, shamrock shuttles, Celtic knot motifs (hint, hint).

Psst... I'm not supposed to tell, but Killian developed an instant crush!

Tatskool said...

OMG! it's not only your eyes that match your smiles do too, I think we need to take a look at your ears!!
I daren't let Fergeal look at my screen, he was so smitten with her, but she insisted on going where she was most needed.
I don't know if she has told you...but...she used to be a POTTER!!
don't know if she means that is related to Harry Potter...or the other kind!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Brenda is ADORABLE!!! I hope she brings you good luck in the new year!!

I just love your Lime Green hat with tatted flowers.

Happy Holidays!

Katie said...

She's the cutest! You definitely deserved a new little friend in your life. I'm hoping she'll bring you much luck in 2010!

Ridgewoman said...

Brenda could not have a lovelier home or BFF. Nice to see your smiling eyes. XXXX Grams

Krystle said...

In fact, she is so cute..... I had to come back for another look! It is good to see you with a big bright smile on.

battatter said...

What a lucky girl you are, getting a great little girl Leprechaun! Brenda is a cutie pie, I love the earrings and all!
Conor and Rory are in LUUUUUVVVV!
Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Tattycat said...

Welcome to Brenda! This is wonderful. I am so glad she came to live with you. A better 2010 to you and yours. Love, Lala.