Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ughhh social networking

I bit the bullet and created facebook and twitter accounts for my MadMadPotter and LadyShuttleMaker personas. I used to pride myself in being technologically knowledgeable but I feel so behind the curve. So now I am trying to play "catch up". I think for the most part the only thing this will accomplish is redundancy, but I guess it will enable people to use their personal favorite forms of communication to keep up with me.
I need at least 25 people to like this before it becomes an official page. What happens after that I have no idea.

Please check it out.

Anyway, I have my plate full on the creative side of things....lot's of surprises coming up both in my pottery and tatting lives. Since truly great things take a great deal of time to come to fruition, these surprises will unfold over the next few weeks and months. Trust me...I think you will like them!

On another note. Here is a new treasury featuring crochet and tatting. Very cool!



UPDATE
Thank you "likers" I now have 25 likes and I am afraid to say that the results are well a bit anticlimactic. See that facebook badge in the top right column? That is what 25 likes will get you. Also I am not sure but I think you can recommend my page to other people now. Taking over the world with tatting one person at a time... Mwa ha ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was "liker" #24! :-) I'm not sure what happens after the 25 mark, either... I have a page for my blog and only a handful of people have Liked it, so I can't be of any help. :-/

I can't wait to see what your surprises are! :-)

hattalahutta said...

I think I just became your 25th Facebook fan :)

Teresa said...

You hit 29 before time I read this . . . you are at 30 now.

Margarets designer cards said...

Sorry I am well behind, not yet in facebook and as for twitter there will be something new before I get on that one. Just started my own etsy this week, and still have to try and work out how to list items yet. Feeling very old and not with it, good luck with facebook and twitter.
Margaret