Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Shuttle Design


Well, now that silver prices are through the roof I have to carefully plan each and every silver shuttle that I make. What do you think of this design? I will practice it in copper first.
It used to cost me in materials alone $70 to make each shuttle, for that same shuttle it will now cost me $112 and of course that doesn't include time, firing costs, or the investment I made in tools and equipment. So this is not a money making enterprise for me at all. My ultimate goal is to make the world's most beautiful tatting shuttle that ever was and ever will be! Now, whether or not I accomplish this goal remains to be seen, and of course beauty is subjective, but if I aim high the shuttles I make along the way should be pretty decent. It may take my entire life and I may never "get there" but the journey should be fun!
I am spurred on by my love of tatting and the encouragement of my beloved tatting family.
...and of course I will always keep you posted on my progress.

Current silver shuttles for sale.

8 comments:

Ladytats said...

very pretty design Sherry. It will make a very pretty shuttle. best of luck with it.

Tatenup said...

I love the design. When I first saw it, it reminded me of some of the quilting designs I use.

Marilee Rockley said...

The design is lovely!

I'm sure you'll achieve your goal :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think this is a gorgeous shuttle design, and I already do think you make the most beautiful shuttles! Hugs from your biggest fan!

IsDihara said...

Be-YOO-ti-ful!

Krystle said...

Don't make it!!!! Because I will REALLY REALLY WANT IT!!!! Lol!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful and I am sure they will lovely in silver, the cost might put off a lot of tatters sorry.
Margaret

Jessica said...

Lovely! (And I love the point...)