Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Owls


This is my first motif from Tatting Collage. Of course I tatted it differently from the original pattern as you can see from the first photo. The original pattern requires tatting several separate motifs and then adding them together. With branching encapsulation, the branch portion was tatted in one continuous tat. So really, just the owls are from the book. But since the whole thing is inspired by, and looks very similar to, Lindsay Roger's pattern, I give her full credit. It is tatted in size 100 thread and fits wonderfully into this paper weight. Tomorrow, I will be discussing more on how to use branching encapsulation to improve upon patterns.

6 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

I love this book - and I love the way it's bound. Makes it very easy to use.

tattrldy said...

Love the owls on a branch. This would work in so many places besides the paperweight

Corina said...

Lovely owls on a branch!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

The owls are so cute! I really like the paperweight! It's usually difficult to get tatting inside one because of the thickness of the thread. It was clever of you to use encapsulation, and you are very skilled at it!

Ladytats said...

Nice Owls.
I like the Branching Encapsulation, There is an old pattern I was thinking of re-working and could see where using BE would be easier then what they did leaving bare thread. If I ever do it, I will let you know.

Valerie said...

Lovely work, and very clever too.