Thursday, October 29, 2015

Palmetto Tat days, travel, weddings, illness....oh my!

Wow, September and October have been a whirlwind. It started with a wonderful trip to the state of Georgia for Palmetto Tat days. I finally got to meet so many people that I have been internet friends with for years but had never met in "real" life. It was so fun! I could only stay for one day of classes so I took a class from Riet and one from Georgia S.
Georgia put forth a challenge and of course I took the bait. She asked for a single long picot on a ring separated by a few knots, not a folded over double picot, and this is what I happily came up with. (Sorry, she made me promise not to tell how I did it.)

Much to my chagrin I have not yet completed Ineke's Owl project taught by Riet, or I would have posted that picture right [here]. I do so dislike having unfinished projects, but with that said, I have to remind myself that I am in the small child raising season of my life, which leaves so little room for anything else. Miss P is so stinkin full of energy! Truly, it's the first thing people comment on when they meet her. I get it people! My kid is HYPER! Lord have mercy on me! But I digress.

After Palmetto Tat Days I rushed off to Seattle to photograph my youngest Sister's wedding. Check out her tatted headdress! She really pulled it off and made such a beautiful bride!

I was able to capture the very moment that she first saw herself in the mirror. She exclaimed, "I look like a princess!"



Miss P did a terrific job of being the flower girl!
After returning from Seattle I got some kind of stupid stage 5 klinger super bug! It took me three full weeks to recover from that one. And mercy me if October hasn't been busy. In fact, it is so busy that I keep forgetting today is my birthday! Yep, I am now the ripe old age of 24...and don't any of you dare accuse me of dyslexia!

14 comments:

Karen said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! So good to hear from you and get an update. Miss you, yet must agree you have your priorities right. Miss P is going to grow up and these days are precious even if very busy.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Happy birthday! It does sound like you've been through a whirlwind! Your sister looks lovely in her bridal finery. I'm planning on attending Palmetto Tat Days for the first time next year. I hope you'll be there again!

Margarets designer cards said...

Happy birthday, I hope you have a great day,
Miss P is certainly growing up and we'll they are all hyper at that age and at any age these day.
Love the head dress it was truly beautiful, did you make it?
I look forward to seeing your other bits from the tat day.
Margaret

StringyDogs said...

Happy Birthday! It seems to go so quickly when you have a little one. Enjoy it, though. There is something magical about it.

muskaan said...

Many many happy returns of the day ... and at "24" you are sure to have Plenty more than if you were say my age ;-)

Intriguing picot !!! And you say it is Not the double picot ?

Love the headband & happy pics :-)

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful wedding pics and wonderful clothes and happy people great post!

Barbara Gordon said...

Happy Birthday, and many more. What a gorgeous headpiece. A beautiful smile to..hope your having a fun day....family weddings are so much fun!

Marilee Rockley said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you a year full of fun!

Jane McLellan said...

Happy birthday! Good to hear your news, apart from the superbug of course.

SandyC said...

Beautiful pictures. Hmmmm, I think I may know how you did the single picot!

AKTATTER said...

congratulations on doing the wide picot!
Happy New Year!

GraceT said...

Your sister's wedding headdress is lovely! :-)

I'm intrigued by that single picot. I also have a guess at how you made it...

Anyway, I came here to thank you for your Guardian Angel pattern, which I have just downloaded. Another tatter on Craftree said she would do it in gold thread - wow, that would look great!

GraceT said...

Oops, that should be "Gwen's Angel"! :-)

Sewicked said...

How are you, Miss P, & the Mister getting on? Everyone doing okay?