Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Applying what I learned

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I finished this butterfly last night. I used all the techniques I learned over the weekend in this design with the exception of the split chain. Each wing was tatted with no interruptions. It may look simple but it is in fact the most technical piece of lace I have ever designed. Although not perfected my cluny leaves are getting better. You haven't lived until you've had to undo a cluny.
I forgot to add in my earlier post that I literally brought a shoe box full of ceramic shuttles to the convention (five months worth of work fit in a shoe box). I did not go to the convention primarily to sell my shuttles but I did sell just enough to break even on the trip. That was a real blessing.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Sherry,

Your butterfly is beautiful! I need to go to Etsy to see if you have the pattern available... I hope you didn't sell all your shuttles!

Diane

Tattycat said...

I love the butterfly! I haven't tried clunys yet. I'm working on my first block tatting right now, (from the same book as the butterfly.) I also hope you didn't sell all of your shuttles, because I have to have at least one!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hee hee, still LOTS of shuttles left....
I will be putting this butterfly pattern in a book that I have been working on for over a year. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of this year!

GardeniaPatti said...

Beautiful butterfly! I can't wait to see your book. Maybe I'll have learned some Cluny by then.