Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's been quiet around here

This is the longest I have gone without a posting. I apologize for that but I am working on something big and it is taking me longer than I thought. I am hoping to have it done by this weekend as I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Today I treated myself and went to the zoo. I love animals and nature so much. I love zoos, I think they are a great way to educate people and it is a wonderful place for families. However, I felt conflicted the whole time about the caged animals...especially the large cats who seemed very unhappy. And on the other hand I think some of the animals are perfectly content to not have to worry about gathering food and protecting themselves.
Anyway, the highlight for me was the butterfly exhibit. Yes I do love me some butterflies. I use real butterflies as inspiration for my tatted butterfly patterns, so I took several pictures today. You've seen a very small sampling of my butterfly designs but I have many more I've been keeping under my hat. 19 to date.
Here is a close up picture I took today. I've never seen a butterfly face this close. It is very interesting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After the zoo, I walked through a rose garden. It was a perfect day for weather and I really needed to get out of the house and away from my projects for awhile.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This one smelled really nice too!
No pics of tatting today, but I think my next post will certainly make up for it!
Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Tattycat said...

Thanks for bringing us "up close and personal" with the butterfly. That picture is amazing! I can't wait to see what you have been hiding! The rose is beautiful too. We share a lot of the same loves. If only zoos could keep animals in their natural environments, it would be perfect, huh?

Tatskool said...

You're photographs are stunning, especially you're treatment of the rose photograph.
Keeping animals in as natural an environment as possible is pretty much what our Wildlife park achieves, they all look contented.