Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tatting treasures from trash

If you didn't know, Sharon started a new challenge which I glady joined. I just love challenges of any kind. The link is on the right side of this page.
Anyway, because of the recent dog attack that has left my right hand damaged, I haven't been able to get a whole lot done the last few days. But I did pick up the tatting and stubbornly plodded on. I tatted these original butterflies and made up a flower pattern on the fly. What would normally have taken a couple of hours has taken me two full days. The tatting is terrible, because my tensioning is out the window and I had to stop every few stitches because of the pain. But anyway, I am thankful that I am tatting at all and hoping it will all heal up soon.
I can envision a lot more to come for this purse. This is just a start.

Oh and I found out after the fact that the attacking dog was a mastiff! I wasn't exagerating when I said it was big.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Tattycat said...

Sherry, the bag is coming along great. I haven't even gotten started. I'm sorry about the dog attack. I missed that information somehow. I am glad you were not hurt any worse than you were and hope you are well very soon. Your hands are precious! I appreciate the info about the pattern. I looked at the Tatters Across Time site, but didn't see where to find the pattern. I will put on my blog that you think it is her's and keep trying to find it, unless you can help further. Are you participating in this proficiency program?
Laura

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Laura,
Yes I am participating in T.A.T. I doubt they will have pics of the projects online, But it is the last project in the first book. Identical pattern in a different arrangement. ~Happy Tatting!