Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scoring Criteria for Tatting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I brought home my ribbons and tatting yesterday from the State Fair. I didn't know it but my ribbons were worth some money and I received $12. Well, that was a pleasant surprise. That will cover the cost of the thread at least.
These score cards were attached to my pieces so that I could see what they scored on and what I can improve upon in the future. I hope you can read it. I thought they were pretty tough when scoring my work and was surprised that I won any ribbons at all when I reviewed my scores. My Best Of Show piece scored a 97 out of 100, but my others scored pretty low I thought.
These are certainly things I will think about when tatting from here on out. Maybe you will find it helpful too.

Also, I unloaded another kiln firing this morning and some of that work can be seen in my Ceramics Blog, if anyone is interested. And here is a teaser:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The glaze ran in the kiln but for some reason I really like it.

2 comments:

Tattycat said...

The scoring does look tough. I was thinking about entering some in our state fair next year, but maybe not. Ours is almost ruined anyway. It's not like it was when I was growing up.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never thought of entering anything in the state fair, or the county fair for that matter. After seeing the scoring, I'm not sure I want to! I'd rather post on the Internet and receive praise from my friends! I'd better move on over to your ceramics shop to see what I'm missing!