Friday, April 4, 2008

Packing and sorting the Tatting

If this post doesn't make any sense, it's because I have completely lost my marbles. Apologies up front.
I am taking a few minutes out of my day to post this, because it is a well needed break. Our movers are coming on Monday to pack and load the items that will be going to Korea. Most of my tatting books and such will go in this shipment. So I have spent all day sorting and agonizing over what to keep for the shop and shuttlebirds and what I can do without for a month to six weeks. Aghhhh!
I am still furiously working on tatting shuttles in between all this other chaos. I have listed a particularly interesting one today:
Photobucket
I love the way the glazes ran and created this moody shuttle. I have been experimenting with glaze combinations for years and this is one of my favorites....it doesn't often work on the shuttles....a little runny it can be.
Photobucket
Note to myself: "Don't put all your shuttles in one basket!"

Photobucket
I listed a fruity purple hand dyed tatting thread blend called "Goodness Grapcious". It will make your mouth water!


P.S. If you notice some bugs with the ring, please be patient, Ringsurf is sorting things out. I have already noticed improvements today over yesterday. Also I apologize that this change was thrown on you...trust me...it was thrown on me too. Aye yie yie....like I need one more thing to go wrong...LOL!

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Darn! I looked too late and missed out on this beautiful shuttle! Oh, well... there are still several others that I love!

I don't envy you all the packing. My sister and I helped Mom and Dad with packing three years ago. It's exhausting!

Unknown said...

That is a really pretty shuttle. As soon as I am off my medical leave and working again one or more of your shuttles will be mine...all mine... BWAH HA HA HA HA...
You are moving to Korea? WOW that is a BIG move? What's that all about? If you don't mind my asking?

Tatskool said...

You must be soooh excited about the move to Korea..I would be...what an opportunity. Make the most of it.

zarina said...

Enjoy your trip to Korea - but then we won't see many of your new work. Will purchase the shuttles the next time and when I get a crochet hook for the thin threads.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Your work is so beautiful! Good luck on your move! We had to do that so often before Dave retired, thanks to good ole Uncle Sam :)