Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finally some TATTING to show!

Photobucket
When I was at Shuttlebirds Tatting convention my grandmother purchased this tatting kit from Debbie Arnold who was a vendor. They are little angel earrings and my grandma asked me if I could tat them up for her. Well of course I could and did!

Happy Mom's Day Grandma!!

they will be in the mail soon!

I have a confession: That yucky looking thing I ate was some kind of delicious fruit! It would be so much cooler if it were some kind of raw sea urchin thingy....but alas, I do not eat raw meat of any kind.
I don't know what it is called because no one spoke English and I don't read Korean, but I think you would love it too! It tastes kind of like a mandarin orange mixed with grape.

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The earrings are lovely! I'm glad the tasty morsel was fruit... I'm much braver with fruit! Even if I weren't allergic, I wouldn't have tried raw fish or meat either!

I'm glad you're starting to feel more normal!

Marilee Rockley said...

Your grandma is so lucky! Very cool angel earrings, and I bet she is an "angel" of a grandma, too.
I am so relieved to find out you were eating a fruit - I was starting to think you were trying to subsist on, well...um, "bugs".

Tatskool said...

Its a rambutan, very yummy, had them in Thailand.

Unknown said...

Love your earrings. I've tatted some angel earrings from ds9designs,too they have so many neat little kits. I'm sure your grandma loves them.
So that seaurchin looking thing was fruit. Good to know just reading that is causing the nausea to subsid...lol. So glad you are having neat and unusual experiences. Lot's of stories to tell someday.

Pearlin said...

Hi
First time here.Lovely Blog you have and those shuttles are so beautiful!!!.
That fruit you ate is what we call Rambutan http://www.rambutan.com/

Tattycat said...

The angels are precious. I'm sure your grandmother will love them. I'm so relieved that the thing you ate is a fruit!

Marty said...

They turned out really pretty, Sherry. I'm certain your Grandma will be pleased. I had to go look at the mandrinorangegrape thing. Ummm. Some kind of dragon fruit? I don't know that I would have been brave enough to try!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I love this earring pattern from DS9 Design. I have made it quite a few times and have bought the kit and put it in some exchanges I was in.

I really thought that "Thing" was a hairy snail. LOL!!