Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I need like three days sleep....

This is only our 4th morning in the "LAND OF THE MORNING CALM", but we feel like we've been here for weeks already. We have been put to work right away, we are exhausted and haven't had a moments rest. All I want to do is sit and tat and eat chocolate! Last night was the firt time I didn't wake up at 3:00am. I slept in until 5:00am so I can tell that my body is slowly adjusting. Even our poor dog has jet lag...something I never considered was a possiblity. A jet-lagged dog is pretty funny!
Photobucket
Here she is thoroughly enjoying the Korean views and smells!

Well, my dear friends, this blog space is dedicated to tatting and I must abide by the rules of the tatting ring and keep it that way. I have another blog dedicated to our Korean adventures for friends and family. If you are at all interested in being included, please send me a short email and I will happily send you the link to that blog.

I am so very impatient to get back to tatting as I have pages of notes and ideas that I want to try out. I also would love to somehow share tatting with the Korean cummunity here, so I am trying to think of ways to do that too.

Thank you for all the "welcome back" comments. I am so touched! I feel like I've been gone forever. I am trying to catch up on all your wonderful posts. I hope to be back in a "groove" again soon!

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've only traveled far enough to suffer from jet lag once, the summer of 1974, but I remember it well! I wish you, your husband, and your dog peaceful sleep and a quick return to a normal body clock!

Tattycat said...

Ooh, another post from my adopted daughter! I guess that makes your baby my adopted dog! I never thought about jet lag in a dog either. I hope you can get some rest and some chocolate down soon and get back to your tatting. I know you are tired and miss it. It sounds like you are going to be happy and that makes me happy! Of course I want a link to your Korean adventures blog. I'll send you an email. Have fun!

Unknown said...

That pic of your dog is so cute. I would love a link to your new blog. I'll have to email you later. I'm glad your body is starting to adjust. As a fellow insomniac I know what it's like to go without sleep and it's not pretty. I hope for you that life will get settled again so you can tat and do things that are comforting to your soul, like eat chocolate...lol! BTW, I have another pic of one of your shuttles on my new blog post.

zarina said...

I feel like I know you so well that I want to know everything about you esp your stay in Korea. I can definitely relate esp with the picture of the padi field. We have similar culture but I'm sure its still a world different than Malaysia. Want to tell you too that I have the shuttles (they are big so I cannot imagine the huge shuttles) in my hand - went to the depot to demand for it and it seems today was the day they are bringing it to the house (phah).
Here is my gmail address: zarina.zainal.abidin