Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Do something nice for yourself today!

I have received so many well wishes and prayers lately that I just KNOW I will be getting better soon. How could I not?
What a fantastic lot of people you are. Each and everyone...(and you all know who you are) I am sending out my sincere gratitude. Big hugs to you!
I am done feeling sorry for myself and I am going to focus on all my blessings.
I am just trying to take life day by day and make the best of it!

Someone told me to do something nice for myself. What an odd yet novel concept. Do something nice for myself?!?!? Well that is just what I did...and you know what? It felt great!

I am going to share with you the nice thing that I did just for me and I want to challenge you to "Do something nice for yourself" and post about it!

I just might have to make a habit of this "doing something nice for me stuff". It really boosts the moral!

I walked a couple of blocks to this nursery and bought myself a beautiful hanging basket of flowers. It was a real bargain at only $10,000 won.
I love plants! I had to give away 22 beautiful plants before I moved to Korea and I miss them dearly! Now everytime I see these flowers they will remind me to be positive and thankful and nice to myself!
Photobucket
Now what are you going to do for you????

10 comments:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Wow! What kind of flowers are those? They are gorgeous!

Since we've retired, I've tried to do something just for myself on a regular basis, and let me tell you that wasn't easy! LOL I'm one of those people that has always put everyone else first, so doing little things for ME feels extremely rewarding :)

I'm so glad you are feeling a little better :) I know it is SO hard to try and keep a stiff upper chin when going through a medical crisis.

Bfun1 said...

Hello! Hey I wanted to ask if you can recommmend any books that would teach me how to tat - I tried when I was in my teens but I couldn't figure out the directions in the book I had at the time. I have always wanted to learn because it is truly a dying art! I have been reading your blog since you ventured to another land - I came from the blogging land of Jamie in L-town (just in case you are wondering...). Hope you are feeling better soon because that is NO FUN being under the weather......great flower you treated yourself too!

Unknown said...

What a great photo of that beautiful flower. I'm glad you decided to do something nice for yourself. I just might take you up on that challenge!

Susanne said...

It is so funny, today I also felt I needed to do something nice for me. So when I went to the market I actually also got myself a plant - a yellow flower, roflol.

Tattycat said...

Good for you! Really good! That is a lovely photo so I can only imagine how pretty the plant is. Do you know what it is? I will add my positive thinking to yours. With all of us pulling together you are bound to get better! I'm going to spend some more of my birthday money I think. That would count, huh?

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

GMA, I don't know what kind of flowers they are. They close up at night and open during the day.

Bfun1, I will email you some info and we can get you started on tatting.

Chiclet, you must do something nice for yourself and then let us know what!

Dantatter, that is so cool! May we see a picture? I love yellow!

Lala, ....YES!

Sandra E said...

I hope you feel better and get some energy back. It's bad to be ill and not know what the problem is - the mind goes places it shouldn't. Get better!

I'm blocking a doily I made in Juicy Grapefruit size 20. I really lurve the colors! I'll post something on etatters when it's finished.

Love the flower!

Marilee Rockley said...

The flower is beautiful! Looks like it could inspire another colorway for HDT (giggle). I'm glad you found it as a bargain - though 10,000 of something sounds expensive - well, anyway, you're worth it. Maybe it's just what you need to recover and feel like yourself again.

The Hussy Housewife said...

Keep your head up girl..it is rough out in this world! Also that way you have a higher probablity of not falling down;) Ii is amazing how hard it is to not feel guilty for doing something for yourself..why is that? Well we all nee to change tat!! I will keep you in my prayers for your health and comfort.

Debbie S. said...

I am back here to tell you... I read this post when I was very, very tired... it had been a long day! After reading your post, I admit to immediately shutting off the computer, making myself a latte (it turned out perfectly) and getting out an old 1920's novel I had bought several years ago, and still hadn't read.... and spent two hours VERY VERY NICELY! It was just what I need to revive myself, physically and mentally! :) Thanks for the idea and the incentive! :)