Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shuttlebirds 2009 TATTING slideshow



Much to my delight the theme of this year's tatting convention was "Butterflies are Free".
Here is the shirt which was designed by Suzanne Muir. I was so pleased that she used two of my butterflies as part of the design.



The two days were packed with tatting activities and shopping and visiting and teaching and selling....wow...no wonder I am so tired!

I took classes with Dale Pomeroy, Patti Duff, and Bev Dillon. I learned stacked dimensional tatting, the dizzy picot and Maltese rings.
I taught how to predict thread usage, keeping shuttles organized with multi shuttle tatting, inter-weaved split rings, and branching encapsulation.


There was a butterfly contest. Under 2" , over 2", original design vs. pattern...etc.

I won first place in the under 2" original category, and I won second place in the over 2" original category. That made me pretty happy.

I added this lovely tatting shuttle to my shuttle collection. I didn't walk away with as many goodies this year as I did last year. I suppose it is the poor economy. But its quality not quantity right?
I purchased two new books to add to my collection. One of Martha Ess's Tea is for Tatting books was given as a door prize and I desperately wanted to win it...but I didn't so I'll just have to buy it as soon as I get an address.

I did, however, win these lovely socks:



...aren't you just green with envy??? They have lace a shuttle and ball thread on them....and I am wearing them right now!

O.k....I need to take a break for now but I will continue this post very soon.

13 comments:

Gina said...

Thanks for posting the slide show! This is one I've never been to and so it's nice to see a bit of the action. Looks like you had a great time!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You have some lovely items to remind you of your time at Shuttlebirds! Congrats on your prizes!

Anonymous said...

It was very funny to you. I might come with you... Miss you. - Kyoung-mi

Marilee Rockley said...

Awesome slideshow! Looks like loads of fun, and I bet your HDT display was popular!

Valerie said...

looks like a lot of fun meeting people and tatting! wow! wish i could attend too. thanks for sharing the slideshow.

congrats on winning the butterfly design!

Unknown said...

Those socks are totally awesome! LOL! Almost as good as your slideshow! It' looks like you had a lot of fun! :)

Tatskool said...

Ohhhhh I spotted Brendan, I really did, the little blighter. I bet he ran of before you could catch him!!

You had a super weekend and we all got to see a bit of it, thanks.

Stephanie said...

I see you had lots of fun! If you have more pics, you must post them. Your butterfly is fantastic. That's why I love your butterflies, they're all so unlike other patterns out there. Awesome!

Umintsuru said...

I love 'eeny'

tattrldy said...

It looks like you had a really great time there. The slide show was wonderful, makes us all want to have been there (like we didn't before but now more so!)

Congratulations on your butterfly wins - and the socks!

Suzanne said...

Correction: I did not design the T-shirt - that was Patti Duff's inspiration. My part was tatting 4 of the butterflies used on it: 2 of yours, and 2 of mine. It was so fabulous to meet you in person! It was just all too short.

As for the teaching: as one of your students I can say that you did great! I kept on adding to my class piece this week and will put a pic on my blog soon.

Sis said...

I sooooo love the sexy socks! You rock them so well.

Pauline said...

Thank you for sharing your photos of the Shuttlebirds' convention. It was fun for me to see people I met when I attended a couple of years ago. There is a special bond among tatters. Even though I've been out of the "scene" for quite awhile, it's good to see the faces of other tatters and find out what they have been up to. Thank you again for sharing. Pauline Ely, formerly of Tooele, UT now Dallas, GA.