Friday, April 13, 2012

LadyShuttleMaker is in DYE mode


Did you know that I have 72...yes...(((SEVENTY TWO))) tried and true colorways? I have been hand dyeing the absolute highest quality cotton and silk threads for five years now. Wow!!! To keep my recipes organized I have carefully arranged them neatly in my top secret folder....yes this is for real.

This is my current inventory and would you believe that I am low? I really love dyeing thread and I really hate winding skeins...but wind I must, so I am off to aggravate my carpel tunnel and have a blast playing with color.
It's a bittersweet, love/hate thing.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, to have such a beautiful selection of colors. I have always wanted to do what you have been doing. I learned to dye wool threads but never could cross over to the cotton threads and those who dye locally are really not much help with the cotton threads. Someday.... Meanwhile, I will just admire those who do get it right.

Margarets designer cards said...

You have such a beautiful section of thread and colours.
Don't over do it, I would not want you to start the pain in your hand off.

Margaret

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm not sure how many of your colors I have, but I do love to take them out and fondle them every once in a while!

** jess! ** said...

I love the "Top Secret" book!!
72 colorways? That's impressive!!
I'm drooling over your thread!
I had "pregnancy induced carpel tunnel" when I was pregnant (with Livi.. she's my only child)... that was not fun at all. So be careful!!

Ladytats said...

wow, what a pretty bunch of threads. take care with your wrist. you have a skein winder I hope. hhmmm wonder how you could automate it.

Fleur said...

waouwwwwwwwwww super !

Jane McLellan said...

I know what you mean. I used to spend a lot of time dyeing handspun cotton yarn. I absolutely love dyeing, but some parts of the process are less exciting than others!