Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine's Day, England and a Sleep Study


I added some new hook pens especially for Valentine's Day. You can order here.
I dug out one of my old hats and blinged it with some tatting! This pattern is Lilly and is found in this book.

I am going to be bringing the a fore mentioned hat to England this week. Yep you heard right, I'm flying over the pond for a short visit. Hubby is there for military duty and I am going to meet him over there for some much needed quality time together. I will be spending a day in Statford upon Avon with two tatters that you may know...
I'm still suffering from chronic fatigue and other stuff so this is going to a bit of a challenging trip but I am so looking forward to an adventure. It has taken well over a year but I finally got my health insurance to assign me to a "Grown Up" doctor instead of ever changing residential students. I've only met with my new doc once so far, but I already feel positive about her. She didn't rush me, she didn't make me feel stupid or like a hypochondriac, she spent time listening to all my chronic ailments. She thinks I may have a sleep disorder so when I get back from England I will be going for a sleep study. Here's to fingers crossed that something will be found, so it can be taken care of and I can live a normal active life once again. I apologize for such a long time of inactive posting. You know, it takes a great amount of energy to blog and I've been doing it for almost six years now. So many times I have started a post only to abandon it because I am too tired to finish it. If it weren't for you very special tatting friends who are so good at checking in on me and keeping me on my toes, I think I would have quit about a year ago. So blessings to each of you (and you know who you are). I just wish I could give you all a great big 'Ol hug!

12 comments:

** jess! ** said...

How exciting! I hope you have fun on your trip!!
Good luck with the Sleep Study as well! I'll be praying for answers for you.
Don't you wish you could borrow some of Ms. P's energy? I am sure that she has plenty to spare.
<3

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better!

Gunhild said...

...have a good time, enjoy the moment and get back well...

Karen said...

Oh, Sherry, I am so happy for you! England! Husband! Tatting sisters! Your hat looks good on you and Lilly adds a wonderful flair to it. You're so creative. Karen in OR

Ladytats said...

Blessings Sherry, Have a real fun time with Miss P and dh.
Even if you are tired,it should still be a fun trip. have you been there before?
Hope the weather will cooperate

Jane McLellan said...

Have a wonderful trip!! I do hope that when you get back your new doctor will find the answers.

geraldine said...

Hope you have a great time here in England.Bring some warm cloths as is very windy at present. Enjoy your time with brain cell3# I live 70miles away and have still not meet her but we e-mail sometimes and love her we site.
So have fun and laughter.

Maureen said...

How exciting! - is Miss P going too?
Have a wobderful time and don't forget to take lots of pictures.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

A trip to England... how exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Sleep is so very important. I hope your new doc is correct and that you can get things sorted out quickly.

Margarets designer cards said...

Well bring your warm clothes its getting very cold here over the next couple of weeks.
I have never meet her but I live about 150 miles approx. although I am passing though her area at the beginning of March on my way to Sheffield.
I really hope you have a wonderful time here in England and if you come towards the west country let me know I would love to meet you.
Margaret

Kathy Niklewicz said...

It is a surprise to read that your DH is in England! It will be a great place to visit! And to see Jane (and Sally?) too! Interestingly, you may be able to get some sleep on the long flights!

It sounds like your new doctor is on the right track. Here's hoping your trip goes well and you get all these health issues resoved!

Bonnie said...

I hope you have a great trip, enjoy the time with your husband.