Sunday, October 20, 2013

TIAS conclusion and Bonus! Happy Holidays to all!



ALL ABOARD!
Yes, you have all guessed it by now. A whimsical magical train inspired by my beautiful sweet 2 yr old daughter. Trains are her favorite right now, so I designed it for her and when she said, "That's really cool mom". I decided to share it with you. Hopefully in time for Christmas.
I believe the first to guess correctly was our very clever poet Miss Sarah! I very much enjoyed her posts, as well as everyone's. It was just as much fun for me to watch your progress, so much so that I may have to do another one next Fall. We will see...

I am so happy that everyone has enjoyed this TIAS. I do believe it turned out to be a smashing success, all because of you guys! I hope many of you learned a new trick or two.
A special thank you to our Jane for dreaming up the concept years ago. I am looking forward to her TIAS coming in January I believe.
I will keep the TIAS community blog open indefinitely so that everyone has a chance to share their work as they get caught up.
Now for the BONUS I promised you. I was going to email it out individually as you faithfully proved your completion. However, due to my sheer exhaustion lately, we will have to go with the honor system. Here it is friends, you earned it!

TIAS BONUS

18 comments:

West Pine Creations said...

That is so adorable!! Thanks for the fun time and the additional pattern. My 7 year old grandson loves trains. I'll have to make it for Christmas. Thanks again!!

linda said...

Thank you so much for the bonus. Sooo cute. Vacation tomorrow so I will have something to do while I am gone. Hugs to you.
Linda UT

Mrs. Fink said...

Thank you! this was really fun! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Now I know why you laughed, the bonus pattern is great and I love the brilliant train,
Thank you for such a great TIAS , I can't wait fir the next one.
Margaret

Miriam said...

Thank you so much. My grandsons, ages 2 and 4 also love trains. I'll probably be making two more in their favorite colors, blue and green, for Christmas! Thank you for the great tat along, I'm going to miss looking for it each day!

Umintsuru said...

It was a super fun TIAS. Piccadilly Express is a cute pattern and I am going to incorporate it into my nephew's quilt. Thanks so much!

joyceaw4 said...

Thank you so much Sherry, it was fun, it was informative, and very easy to follow, as you saw, there were lot's of us that had never tried an onion ring. That was my very first TIAS, and now I can not wait for the next one. Again thank you for my first TIAS experience.
Joyceaw4

Marty said...

This is a great little train. I finally got my bicycle bent into the correct shape and it transformed into the cutest little steam engine! My niece wants me to make the whole train for her -- and I think I will. Thanks, Sherry. This has been fun!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

What a special bonus gift! A perfect finishing touch! There will be lots of smiles on little ones' faces this year, and adults' too! So many places for this cute choo-choo - clothing, in frames, on quilt squares, blankets, pillows, pillow cases, etc! Thank you so much for this marvelous whimsical pattern!

StringyDogs said...

Sherry, you are da' bomb.

Ladytats said...

I finished mine late yesterday but have not been able to take the time to post it. Thank you for the fun and I will have to add the cars too.

Nancy G said...

Thank you so much for the TIAS! Such fun. Also look forward to get started on the Bonus patterns!

Adrian said...

Sherry, this has been great fun, and the pattern is lovely.

Many thanks for your time, effort and generosity in sharing this with us all.

Batty Tatter said...

Will you be posting the whole pattern together now? I confess I didn't do the TIAS. I'm getting Christmas decorations made for market. But I would love to do the cute train.

Rainstorms said...

Thanks for the wonderful TIAS. I figured it was a train after day 10. my son who is 6 loves it. Thanks for the bonus pattern! I love the add on.

Dawn Lawrence said...

Sherry, thank you for the challenge of my first TIAS. I have enjoyed every moment and learnt new techniques along the way. The express train is a lovely motif and has been admired by my non tatting friends. Can't wait to do another tat along. Thank you for the bonus pattern.

Unknown said...

This was the first one I have ever done, and I really enjoyed it. Such a wonderful pattern. I want to thank you for your time, effort, and experience.

Cynthia said...

What a lovely treat this fall! I know the exact sweatshirt the "bonus" will be featured on! but not before I get all the first part done. Yes I downloaded it and will work the rest of the pattern before I continue with it. A big Thank you!!