Monday, June 22, 2015

So glad to be back!

It's almost as if I never left! Key emphasis on ALMOST. I know I have said it many times, but I have to say it again, the tatting community is the best community on earth!

You have all made me feel so welcomed back and your support is what keeps me going. So thank you very much!!!

I honestly thought that after this amount of time I would be long forgotten.

I am humbled.

I'm definitely not as quick as I used to be to post on this blog and get items listed in the shop. Probably because I have the most rambunctious 4 year old on the planet and she keeps me thoroughly exhausted. Also I am taking care of a farm now, and have all the responsibilities that go with that.

Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to catch you all up on what went on in my life during the last year and a half. This is not in any particular order, it's just a summary of what pops into my mind.

Here we go:

Drove from Idaho straight to Mississippi in 36 hours.

Moved into the most crooked 80's farmhouse one could imagine.

Bought baby chicks and ducks and then built coops!

Learned how to butcher our own meat.

Had over 1,000 dollars worth of various water leaks.

Took care of six goats for a friend. (this was a total nightmare and could be a very long blog post in and of itself.)

Dog got bitten in the face by a cotton mouth snake.

Husband got severely burned and was out of work for 6 weeks.

I got stung by these mean red wasps that sent me to the emergency room where I also learned that I was allergic to morphine. (this was a terrible day)

Made good friends with all the surrounding neighbors.

Started absolutely loving country life!

Got hit by a tornado and sustained damage to our house as well as loosing over a dozen 100+ year old trees.

Got six inches of snow which apparently hasn't happened in MS since 1947.

Husband healed up beautifully!

I carry Epi pens wherever I go.

Bought and hatched many more ducks and chickens.

Built (and still working on it)a kitchen from absolute scratch.

Lost a pilot in our squadron. (This is still painfully sad).

...and finally and ongoing: Raising a daughter who runs freely outdoors with the biggest imagination possible all without TV and Internet!


This isn't everything, just what I could remember off the top of my head. We are learning so much and gaining so many skills. This really is a dream come true!

Now if we could only move the farm to the Pacific Northwest...

10 comments:

Cindy said...

I can't imagine why you can't blog as well? Ha! What a crazy, wonderful life you are living. (Minus the emergencies) I'm happy you are enjoying the country farm life - the memories will be wonderful for your daughter too.

SandyC said...

Welcome back! I'm so looking forward to your HDT....especially the silk!

Madtatter80 said...

Wow that is lots, and you sound young and proud of you and all you endeavors and we are a patient group of tatters so we will wait to see more of your tatting. Sounds like all this will add to your creative tatting anyway :)

Ladytats said...

sounds just like life on a farm.
Glad Hubby healed quickly and well.
Miss P is growing up with a good imagination and a flexible mind. Good for you and dad to raise her that way.
Things to settle down over time and be easier
Glad you are back online dear friend.

Jane McLellan said...

Big adventures, thanks for the catch up.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Living in the country sure has its challenges, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. We're not as rural as I would like to be, living on a state highway. However, I do love my little bit of heaven here on earth. Enjoy your little one! She seems to have enough energy to keep you on your toes. I wonder when she'll start creating ceramic tatting shuttles? I'll bet they'd be really interesting!

StringyDogs said...

My biggest adaptation to moving from the Pacific Northwest to the South (Tennessee) has been dealing with the heat. It sounds like you have adapted better!

I hope the dog survived. I have friends who raise chickens for the eggs and are never without several dozen. Since the bird flu is hitting in the Northeast, it may end up saving you a lot of money.

You sound like you have embraced your new life with charm, wit and determination. It's so wonderful that it is working out.

Margarets designer cards said...

Wow that's a lot that has happen in a short space of time, I never forgot you, just wondered how you were.
Not sure I could have coped with half of that I would have ran for the hills back to town.
Got wait to see some of your tatting that is if you had time for any. Makes me wonder how did we manage without TV and Internet, one things for sure I would never have meet the tatting workd wide community
Happy tatting
Margaret

Anonymous said...

So VERY glad you're back! What an eventful year and a half you've had.
StephanieW

Anonymous said...

What a great summary of life in general - happy times, tragic times, progress is made in one way and then lost in another. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some tatting when you get to it (no hurry!!). Cheers, Lesley S