O.k. So I opened the kiln today at 500 degrees (I know better) but I was so excited I couldn't wait. I had 12 crystalline shuttles in there. Out of the 12 only two turned out and not really to my liking. This is something I have been working on for months and I've only encountered failure thus far.
This isn't the appropriate place to tell you about crystalline glaze pottery...but let's just say that it is far, far from an easy task.
On the plus side I did get some absolutely gorgeous medallions for my crystalline neck art out of this load:
I have some ideas for the future and I will keep trying until I succeed.
I was hoping to debut the crystalline shuttles today...ah well. Hopefully next month I'll have better success.