Thursday, May 24, 2007

Another Mug with Tatting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can I just say that I have been having the WORST of luck in my studio lately. It seems like everything has gone wrong. The weather going from 90 degrees to practically freezing wreaked havoc on my work. I have lost a lot of work this past week. Anyway It's good to keep a sense of humor about these things...or I would literally go crazy. This happened yesterday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I went to shake a really expensive jar of red glaze and it exploded on me. The saddest part is that this isn't the first time this has happened. And what isn't shown in the picture is the puddle of red at my feet.

Anyway, I try my best to keep this a strictly tatting blog but I want to share this item that came out of the kiln this morning along with the tatting mug and some shuttles.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's a chips and salsa server. You put the chips in the basket and the salsa on top in the smaller bowl. You can see that I was in the process of glazing this piece when the accident happened. Fortunately, it was not ruined too. Thank heaven for small mercies.

1 comment:

Jane Eborall said...

Sorry to hear about your bad week, Sherry. Mine's been about the same too!!! Next week WILL be better and just do as you are doing - smiling.
JaneEb