Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Current Project

Since I bought a couple really expensive Irish linen handkerchiefs and then decided not to use my grape edging on them I thought I might as well put them to good use another way.
This is a partial pattern from Mary Konior's, Tatting with Visual Patterns "Eternity Rings" Page 38.
I started the pattern and quickly flubbed it up so I am going to have to add my own flare to finish it up later.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My bandages are finally off my hand but I still can't tolerate anything touching the skin where the wound is so I am still unable to do many chores around the house.
Also, I am coming down with my yearly bought of bronchitus. It just seems like a time of trials and tribulations for me right now. I desperately need a vacation.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love that pattern! I've made several of the motifs to use as decorative tops for pin cushions (I haven't started the pin cushions).

A similar pattern with more picots is No. 2 Round Motif in the DMC Book of Charted Tatting Designs. I had thought of using the DMC design as a handkerchief edging, thinking that I might have more options for attaching it because of the number of picots.