Monday, September 17, 2007

The busy time of year..

It's getting to that time of year where I get really busy with pottery orders and such. Autumn is my favorite time of year and I already don't know how I am going to fit in all the things I want to do. I did finish my canning and my hot sauce making this past weekend.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here are nine qorgeous tasty bottles of "Anal Firetruck".
I make the hot sauce my husband names the hot sauce and we'll just leave it at that!

We got lot's of yard work done, and even installed a gorgeous hardwood floor in our bathroom. With all this going on, I've noticed that I have let the house go....it's pretty much in shambles right now so I am trying to motivate myself to clean it up and get organized!

Yeah, right!

Instead of cleaning I decided to take a break and practice my direction following skills by doing someone's elses tatting pattern for a change. I chose one of Jane Eborall's fabulous patterns. Jane is a tatting genious!
Here's the link to Jane's Seahorse.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I didn't have beads that would fit on the size 20 thread, so I used picots instead. I made one mistake by reversing one of the split rings....can you see it? Otherwise I did well following her pattern until close to the end when I couldn't resist adding a short chain and following the pattern backwards to avoid another cut and tie.

This is such a cute pattern and I LOVE seahorses! Here is a real seahorse I found dead on a florida beach. I did research on how to preserve him and then I added him to my sea shell collection.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Did you know that the male seahorse actually becomes pregnant, that seahorses are monogamous and that they are used in Chinese medicine?
Lot's of interesting information about seahorses to be found here: Wikipedia.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

If you find a way to get motivated to organize and clean your house, would you let me know? I'd much rather tat!