Friday, October 5, 2007

Breaking Barriers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am making a few crochet hats for gifts this year and while shopping for my favorite "Sugar and Cream Cotton yarn" by Lily, I did something crazy and picked out this chartreuse color...totally out of my comfort zone. I know it's a crazy hat but I just love it. It is so HAPPY!
I sewed on some little tatted flowers and voila!

While crocheting (which I really don't know how to do properly) I finished this sweater for my dog. I am quite proud of myself because it actually fits her comfortably and it doesn't look too bad either. She is a big dog weighing in at 70 pounds. She is a german shorthair, and we are huge fans of the snow, so she needs a little something extra for warmth.
She looks a little disgusted in this photo. That's because I made her try the sweater on like 14 times for adjustments and this picture was taken late last night while whe was trying to rest. She is such a sweetheart!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Tattycat said...

Bless your dog's little heart! She looks very tolerant and totally put out! I'm sure she will change her mind when she is sporting her custom made sweater in the snow! The hat is precious and looks real cute on you.

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
I love your hats. You are one talented lady. After looking at what you have done, has given me many ideas...
hugs
Unarae

Jane Eborall said...

Fantastic look of disgust on your dog's face!!! What a hoot!
JaneEb