Thursday, March 27, 2008

Introducing "Pensacola Beach" TATTING HDT and "Agateware" TATTING shuttles...

Photobucket
Photobucket
I used to live in Pensacola and the beach is the only thing I miss about it. I have had this color combo for HDT on my mind lately. I was delighted when hubby came home from work, saw it and exclaimed, "Pensacola Beach"!

Photobucket
This is a new line of shuttles I have been working on. In pottery terms this technique is called "agateware". I have combined red and white clay to create this natural earthy look. It is covered in clear glaze and the natural swirling patterns make each one unique. These tatting shuttles are very light and have that "musical" quality to them.

Photobucket
Here is a peak at some of my recent losses. You can see some of my ideas in this junk pile. Hopefully I will have some successes to share soon!

I told you I would have a lot to blog about.....

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Pensacola Beach is beautiful! I love the shuttles with the holes!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Hi Sherry....I don't know where it is on Etsy but I would like two in size 80 of the Pennsicola colorway. Please send me an email. Thank you Sherry. I really like the color combination.

Sewicked said...

Wow, you have been busy. When do you find time to eat & sleep?

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Diane, did you see the "Diane" shuttles that didn't make it? :(

Sherry, Sorry about that! The threads are listed now.

Sewicked, Sleep? What's that?

Bonnie said...

It's a shame all those broken pieces of art. I'm glad you're not giving up on your shuttles. I'm excited for you to list them so I can't wait to pick out MY Sherry original.

Jeff Hamilton said...

Wow! I love the colours your used in your new thread. I must get some! Those agateware shuttles are awesome. I think I want one of them too!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I did see the broken Diane shuttles... they just made me happy that they're still part of your repertoire! I'll bet you could make a beautiful mosaic piece of art out of the broken shuttles and name it "Broken Art" or "Shattered Shuttles" or something more clever! ; )

Unknown said...

The agateware shuttles are beautiful and it looks like you have been very busy.

Tattycat said...

Wow is right! No wonder you can't sleep little girl! The thread does look just like Pensacola Beach. I love it! We will be very close to there this weekend. I might just have to pop over. The shuttles are stupendous! Sorry about so many broken ones. That must break your heart. Good work!

Marilee Rockley said...

You've really captured the colors of the seashore!
I'm thrilled with my new shuttle I just got from you, LadyShuttleMaker! It is even more musical than the other one I bought last year. This one plays 2 distinct, beautifully ringing notes :-)
Your new shuttles look lovely, and it's a shame about the ones that didn't make it.