Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Christmas in July" Tatting Exchange: Part 1

Whoo hoo! Since I am almost a whole day ahead of my Western friends I got to open my exchange package.
Let me tell you, I have been a good girl and have been eyeing this package for at least a week and a half but I exercised self discipline and waited a whole two minutes into July 31st before tearing it open.
"Here Be Tatters" and more specifically the lovely Sue Hanson arranged what is probably the biggest tatting exchange of all time. Thank you so much Sue for all your hard work! Tatters all over the world appreciate your efforts. I know I do! You are a living legend!

O.k. on to the good stuff! My package came from Norma Harris and I love every bit of it! Thank you Norma!



Hopefully you can click on the picture to get a good view of everything.
I mentioned in my exchange "application" that "If you make me laugh, I'll be your friend forever." So I think that is why I got this funny book! And look at the lovely bits of tatting! It is so special to own pieces of lace tatted by hands other than my own.
I will put the bookmark to good use and I love the color green! I am excited to try the Omega thread; I've never had a chance to tat with it before.
I need to find a creative way to use those beautiful beads and I think my favorite of all is the vintage linen hanky; I will set it aside for a very special project!
You are the best Norma!

After my partner has opened her package I will share what I sent out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun what a great gift. I just love tatting exchanges...and OH, I'm so glad you had a good experience this time...Yippeeeeee!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What fun! I'm too disorganized to enter a tatting exchange, but I love seeing what everyone else gets!