Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am deeply touched....

The whiplash I received from the accident has caused a constant (5 day) headache so I cannot tolerate the computer too much. But I just wanted to write a short note to say how touched I am by all the caring comments on my last post.
I have even received a few personal emails which are so wonderful they brought me to tears. I will be replying to you all as soon as I can muster the energy.
Nothing has changed in our current "limbo" status. I still don't know when my DH will get to come back to the States. I have more or less resigned myself to whatever fate awaits us. I am done crying and being angry at all the "unfairness". It really helps to focus on my blessings and right now my blessings are all you wonderful tatters and crafters out there who are so gracious to visit my little blog.
I haven't been tatting but I think that is due to the physical pain rather than the malaise that has set in. I got news that my car is NOT totaled which is a huge blessing because we just got it paid off and we would not have been able to replace it otherwise.
Also, even though life is crummy right now I cannot help but to admire the beautiful Spring that is blooming everywhere.
Thank you again for all the encouraging and sympathetic words....how lucky am I to have all of you in my life?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you have a 5 day headache. THAT is no fun! I am glad to hear that in spite of no changes in the unsettling (literally) situation you are in you still manage to count your blessings. I think even the ability to count one's blessings is a blessing in and of itself.
Get well soon!

((Hugs))!!
~TattingChic
:)

Fox said...

Hi Sherry, Am getting caught up with all news. Was away for only a few days and look at the trouble you managed to get into!

I'm so sorry for the accident and the uncertainty and discomfort.

I was hit by a truck ( as a pedestrian!) many years ago,and ended up in hospital. That event changed my entire life in ways I could never have imagined - and all for the better!

Sometimes, when we are in the thick of it, we cannot hope to see the good that will come from an impossible situation. Just a thought!

Hope you are doing better. Fox : )

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi Sherry,

I was stunned last night to learn about your troubles, and was quite worried about you. Then I was relieved to see your update this morning. At least the car isn’t totaled, but your neck sprain will be quite annoying for awhile Your situation brings into focus the many sacrifices being made by our military and their families in these precarious times. Those kinds of changes in orders and the uncertainty they cause are difficult to take. You do seem to have some family around, so I hope you’re not entirely on your own. The “Whiz Bang Windomatic” is very cool, and a wonderful collaboration between you and your grandfather. Please keep us updated when you can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Tatskool said...

How lucky we all are to have you in our lives. you are part of our sunshine so here's hoping you will be shining again soon.
Love and gentle hugs.

Ridgewoman said...

I love the photo of the flowers. I'm glad you are making an 'adjustment' in how you feel...it's easy to get overcome by life...we've all been THERE.
Just stopped by to check on you and send my continued love and prayers. "Gram" Bev

SY said...

Oh Sherry, I am so sorry for all that you are having to go through. I thought you were still packing for Alaska. How totally cruel to have that dangled in front of you only to have it snatched away. I'm sorry about your car wreck too, as if you weren't miserable enough as it was. Take good care of yourself, when you get to feeling better you need to go and indulge yourself with something extravagant and uplifting. God Bless you and Godspeed towards healing you both inside and out. Hold on, better times are on the way. love, sy

Tattycat said...

It is so good to hear you sounding a little brighter and more positive. I have been so worried about you and praying that God would lift you up. Please do keep in touch when you are able. We all love you very much!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

(((Sherry))) I'm so sorry to read about your accident and that you are having problems with headaches. I do hope you feel better soon. I know it must be so much harder with DH so far away.

Keep the faith. Feel better!